Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Origin of my Blog Name

I have mentioned that my blog title has some basis on my actual life. Yes I was attacked by a wing-ed insect creature of yellow and black. No they were not bees... they were yellow jackets. In the same family, not the exact same creature. Here are photos of me in the emergency room after suffering an allergic reaction to said yellow jackets...
Photobucket
Photobucket

I was unaware that these pictures were taken at the time of my treatment. As you can see from the first picture, my face is a little red. Those are the left overs of the massive reaction I had to those flying devils.

Here is the blog entry I made on my myspace the day after it occured, keep in mind that even though I say I was attacked by bees, it was yellow jackets. I just said that to make it sound better:

"7-20-06

So yesterday I was attacked by bees. You read that right. Attacked... by bees.

I was outside cutting the grass. It was about 8:45 in the morning and I was almost done with the front yard. That's when I felt a stab in my right thumb. So, of course, I thought "bees." I leave the mower and run a good distance away. That's when I feel more stings on my legs. I now know a few things: 1. there are many of these things and 2. theyre following me. I run inside and slam the door... on my way in I see some of them fly away.

I'm now inside my home and in pretty good pain. I go into my bathroom to access the damage. As I sit on the lid of my toilet to look at my stings I notice that theres a bee in my left shoe. It's between my ankle and my shoe and luckily... it's gotten turned around and it's ferociously trying to sting my shoe. So I grab some tissue, grab it, and destroy any hope it has of living. As soon as I finish I see another one crawling on my left thigh. I grab more tissue and as I grab it... I see another on my right leg. I crumple the 2nd bee, toss it away, and get some more ammo to kill the 3rd. I do so and see yet another climbing out of my left shoe. It's where I can't get to it so I have to take off my shoe to kill it. As I'm doing so it stings my foot. I yell a curse word and kill it with more hate than the previous three.

All of that happened in about 10 seconds. I think I see one flying around the room so I tear off my clothes, quickly check that theres no more on me, and run out of the room closing the door behind me. I figure I better tell someone about this so I call my mom and tell her what's happened. I feel fine accept for the pain but she decides to come home anyway. She arrived and I'm still fine. We call CVS and make sure benadryll is the best thing to take. Mom finds out we don't have any, so she leaves to get some. While she's gone my throat starts feeling funny. When I swallow it feels like theres something in there. I try not to panic and wait patiently for mom. I glance down at my chest and there are red spots appearing all over it. The same goes for my arms, legs, and face. Mom gets home about that time and together we're off to the emergency room.

By the time we arrive I have welts all over my face and arms. We go in and have to wait a good two minutes for someone to even come to the window. Some emergency room, right? They get me back there, slap an IV in me, and give me a cocktail of drugs that knocks me off my feet. After them observing me for 45 minutes I finally get to go home and sleep for a couple hours.

So yeah... i'm allergic to bees. I know what to do if I'm ever stung by a bee again. They even gave me an epi-pen in case I'm ever stung so much my throat closes up. I'm completely fine now except for the fact that these stings (nine in total) itch like fire. I've got some stuff for it and it's not helping.

So there's my story. A life experience if there ever was one."



For real, though. That cocktail they give you makes you all sorts of loopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment